Friday, February 15, 2013

Frugal Friday #1 DIY Grout Cleaner

So since I'm a makeup/nail polish junkie and also a wife and mommy, My dollars have to stretch. In order for me to splurge I have to cut costs else where. So every Friday I'll be sharing one of my tips or tricks!



Here goes the first one!


This was pinned on my pinterest a while ago, But looking at the grout throughout the house and remembering what it looked like brand new I was digusted.

This recipe is SAFE FOR CHILDREN & ANIMALS though it might leave them with a disgusting taste and smell (lol)


Recipe:

7 cups of water
1/2 cup baking soda
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup vinegar


So my squirt bottle was not big enough to hold all this liquid and im not gonna lie I winged it, no measurements at all. lol

 *let it sit for on the grout for about an hour & then scrub your heart out!*


THIS IS BEFORE!!!



AND THIS IS AFTER!!!!




It still worked AMAZINGLY and I'm gonna have to do it a second time because it was so damn disgusting. I actually wanna give myself the parent of the year award for allowing the kids continue using the 5-10 second rule. haha oh well!


~xoxox Brandi~
P.S. We may just be eating dinner off the tile tonight!
(totally joking)

No comments:

Post a Comment